Monday, April 20, 2009

New Sing Honeycomb Wood Veneer

I received an interesting link today from a company in Seattle who has patented a process for a national wood veneer that has been implanted in to foam. The panels are lightweight, cost less and use less energy to produce than conventional structural and non structural materials. They also claim that it is much stronger. They can be adhered to any type of facial board such as hardwood, softwood, plywood, fiberglass, plastic or metal.

Applications for this product include doors, flooring, furniture, walls, roof panels, window frames and more. I have not worked with this product in my Chicago based contracting business, but I like seeing new solutions in the building industry that offer a greener approach to construction. I welcome any input from those who might have worked with this product or have some experience to share. For more information, the website for this company is http://www.superhoneycomb.com.

1 comment:

Bygningsrenovering said...

It's really wonderful. I would like to personally thank you for your fantastic article.